For hand washing, just wash in clean, lukewarm water (approx. 30°C) Allow to soak for no longer than 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly firstly in lukewarm water, then in cold water. Hand washing can also enable a residual build-up of odour.
How to care for your Merino
Believe it or not, merino wool is actually really easy to wash. Just follow the simple guide and your little ones will be back in their favourite sleepwear before you know it.
Complete instructions for best results:
DO NOT TUMBLE DRY, SOAK, USE POWDERS, HOT WATER, SOAPS, FABRIC SOFTENER, SPOT CLEAN OR BLEACH
- Wash like colors together (e.g separate lights and darks)
- Close all zippers
- Use warm or cool machine wash on a wool cycle max 30oC
- Use WOOL liquid wash - we recommend ecostore Wool and Delicates
- Do not use bleach or fabric softener under any circumstances
- Do not soak your garment
- Wash occasionally with denim (e.g. jeans with the zipper closed) or other coarse fabrics to remove any loose fibers i.e. pilling
- Do not iron prints or labels
- Line dry garments – do not tumble dry.
For machine washing, close any zips before you pop in the machine, turn the wool cycle on and make sure it is set to 30°C max. We recommend using wool detergent as regular detergent will damage your garments over time (think holes and bleaching!).
Merino wool naturally repels water and will dry super quickly in a natural environment. Where possible we recommend that garments are flat dried or gently hung.
Rub liquid wool wash with baking soda, water and a few drops of lemon, then rub gently onto the stained area. Leave for 15 minutes and then proceed to wash as per instructions.
Wash your new sleepwear after the first couple of wears. To alleviate the pilling, we suggest that you wash the garment with a coarser fabric such as denim. The fabric will improve over time as the shorter fibres are removed.
Merino fibres have the characteristic of drawing moisture away from the body and either absorbing or releasing this moisture, which eliminates clamminess and ensures that the garments remain odour-free.